Originally, yoga was taught by one teacher directly to one student. The great ancient teachers understood the importance of individualizing each yoga experience to meet the needs of the student. Today, a private session allows for a more intimate view into your practice. You can start a new practice, deepen your practice or spend some time working with an injury or condition. When you work with a teacher one on one, the teacher is able to help you experience the benefits of yoga in a safe, personal way.
Private Yoga is an invaluable tool for students of all levels and experience. Private lessons provide the perfect setting to address your goals and work on areas of individual interest. You can work with the teacher of your choice or we can match a teacher to meet your expressed needs. Private Yoga can help you deepen your practice, gain confidence, answer questions and provide guidance. Our teachers can develop a home practice tailored to your individual needs.
Why take a private class?
For new students
As a new student, you may be intimidated by the public classroom environment. Private classes allow teachers the opportunity to focus on you and make sure you are getting off to an appropriate start. Private yoga instruction can help you integrate into our public classes. We can also provide one on one classes with your teacher on an ongoing basis.
For more experienced students
Experienced students benefit from privates as well. You are able to have a deeper insight into specific postures or categories of postures that interest you. Private yoga sessions are the perfect learning environment. Our teachers can help you with posture alignment and modifications, and can help you develop a balanced home practice. Private yoga classes can also give the experienced student time to learn about yoga philosophy or other aspects of interest, such as meditation and breathing practices.
One-on-One hour or hour and a half sessions.
Semi-private instruction is an opportunity for 2 to 3 students to receive personalized yoga instruction together. This experience is also completely individualized to meet your small groups needs and goals.
- Private instruction for groups 4 or more.
- $20 additional travel charge if instructor is coming to your location
- Class Sessions are 60 minutes
- Contact Lily Dougher (207) 615-8905 or email email@example.com to schedule your private session(s)
- For group sessions a $25 deposit is due when your private session is formally reserved.
- Cancellation policy – deposit will be fully refunded with written email of cancellation received a minimum of 7 days prior to scheduled session.
- No refund of deposit if cancellation received in writing less than 7 days from reserved session.